Precision Armament Hypertap 7.62mm/.308 cal 5/8x24 Muzzle Brake
Developed from the ground up and backed by knowledge gained from years of pushing the edge of muzzle device performance, the Hypertap muzzle brake delivers more than we’ve ever offered before. Our proprietary Hybrid Baffle Design combined with advanced Convergent-Divergent port geometry yields an unprecedented recoil reduction of over 84%*, nearly 10% higher than our M4-72, while maintaining modest 35-degree baffle angles and generous bore clearance. This results in exceptional safety, less gas blowback, better accuracy, and higher overall shooter comfort than any other device in its class. Fully tunable gas biasing allows the shooter to further reduce, or even eliminate, sight picture movement while firing. An integral universal timing nut eliminates the need for shims and allows quick field installation & removal using an adjustable wrench or the lightweight spanner tools (included). Additional features include: zero flash increase, compact lightweight design, a rugged skeletonized crown, cleaning friendly design, heat-treated stainless steel construction, a tough Ionbond® CrCN finish for superior durability and, as always, 100% Made in the USA.
Minimum recommended barrel length 14.5”
- Caliber: 7.62mm / .308 cal
- Thread: 5/8x24
- Length: 2.94"
- Diameter: 1.09"
- Color: Black
- Recoil reduction of over 84%*
- Integrated timing nut eliminates the need to use shims or washers for installation
- Spanner wrenches included for easy field installation and removal
- Pilot holes can be drilled out for tunable gas biasing. NOTE: .450 caliber model [pictured above] comes factory pre-drilled to 70% maximum diameter to achieve similar muzzle rise mitigation as smaller caliber models.
- Does not increase or generate secondary flash
* Pictures shown may vary from actual product.